Thursday, June 10, 2010

all in a days work...


So work nearly killed me the last couple days...
Yep, almost killed over dead..
Killed over dead...
But, alas, here I am... not dead after all.


I knew I wanted to be a nurse since I was a kid. My mom said even when I was a small girl I was the "nurse" in the family, always taking care of my siblings when they were sick, always doing what needed to be done to make it better. I like that I'm efficient. I'm good at my job. Yes, I like that. I'm proud of that. And I really do like my job. I like the flow, like the rhythm.

And then there are days like today... and yesterday... and I think to myself that I may never be able to walk through those hospital doors again. Physically and mentally just can't do it any more. While talking to one of my girlfriends on the ride home and not being able to think of words to form a sentence, I see the effect of leaving for work at 0530 and returning home at 8:30 at night will do to ya... I sit here and ponder how nurses are able to work for 30 years! After only 4 years I see that emotionally and physical toll its taken on me. (I found a small varicose vein on my left calf the other day!)

But then Jesus kissed me while driving home from work today... I saw the sweetest girl and boy riding horses in a field with total abandonment. They looked so alive...And it made my heart smile. Yes, its just all in a days work...

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for your lovely thought sent my way!