Sunday, February 28, 2010

The Moon

You want the moon?
Just say the word and I'll throw a lasso and pull it down.
Hey.
That's a pretty good idea.
I'll give you the moon, Mary.
~Its a Wonderful Life









I have a long time love affair with the moon. I think every romantic does and I'm no exception. There is something magical and special about it, something that draws you in so you can't look away.



This morning as I was driving up my long gravel road, I was almost blinded by the large yellow orb! It was so beautiful!! I remember my mom singing to me a bedtime song about the moon shining bright and I sung it softly to myself with a half smile on my face, entranced by the glow. Thankfully Jesus was taking care of me while driving because I totally have no remembrance of the 25 min ride into work... the moon held me captive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for your lovely thought sent my way!