Friday, February 12, 2010

My Valentine

Like a comet pulled from orbit
As it passes a sun
Like a stream that meets a boulder
Halfway through the wood
Who can say if I've been changed for the better?
But because I knew you
I have been changed for good
~For Good (Wicked)


Yes, I have been changed for good (because of him)! For Valentine's Day my guy took me to see the broadway musical Wicked!

And it was so good! There are so many reasons why I love my guy, but one of the many is that he is totally into cultural things like going to musical! Not only going but enjoying them and he is totally able to appreciate them! I just love him! We had such a nice night! I could just gush about him all day!



I did put a little something together for him. I had gotten this great wooden frame a while ago and I love this E.E. Cummings poem, I Carry You In my Heart. So I just put the two together! I then decorated the table with old Valentine's Day cards I'd made for other people when I was really really young that my mom had saved. We had fun looking at them! I also decorated with a Do it Yourself I stole from the Ashley Ann Photography blog, the cutest blog ever. Makes me want to have some kids! I think they added a nice touch!




Then I just lit some candles and turned on the fireplace... I thought it was romantic anyway... :)



Happy Valentine's Day!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Valentine's Day Sweet Friend!

    What a lovely photo of you and your Prince Charming! Glad you had a great time at Wicked...I would love to see it myself and your fireplace is gorgeous!

    Love and hugs,
    Karyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so cute and sweet - I didn't do anything for Valentine's Day this year b/c it just so happened to fall during a huge even weekend for me. I wish I'd thought of something like that!

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your lovely thought sent my way!