Friday, January 1, 2010

Lets Start the New Year Right

Last night as I was ringing in the New Year with family and loved ones, I imagined I was Marjorie Reynolds in the 1942 movie Holiday Inn, kissing the old year out, kissing the new year in...

source


How fabulous would it be to travel to a place like Holiday Inn for the New Years festivities... and all the other holiday celebrations for that matter! As one of the song goes, "If you're burdened down with trouble, if your nerves are wearing thin, park your load down the road and come to Holiday Inn. You would definitely find me in there if there was!

So the Hyatt wasn't quite my Holiday Inn exactly but I still had a lovely time downtown Greenville, eating gourmet wood-fired pizzas, drinking white wine (yes, not a fan of champagne unless mixed with OJ), listening to fireworks overhead, and wishing the crowd a "Happy New Year!" I hope everyone started the new year right last night as well!

Let's start the new year right

Twelve o'clock tonight

When they dim the light

Let's begin

Kissing the old year out

Kissing the new year in

Let's watch the old year die

With a fond good-bye

And our hopes as high

As a kite

How can our love go wrong if

We start the new year right?

~Holiday Inn, Lets Start the New Year Right~


No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for your lovely thought sent my way!