Monday, August 31, 2009

Neverland


Sometimes I wish I could escape to a place where I have no worries, no responsibilities, and nothing but a handsome boy to occupy my thoughts and dreams. What a life! When J.M Barrie thought up the classic story of Peter Pan, he hit the nail on the head. I mean who wouldn't like to fly across the universe into a magical world where you never have to think of grown up things and you never have to grow up? This morning when I awoke that's exactly what I wanted to do. So with the blinds turned down and a scented candle glowing, I slipped my favorite version of the tale into my DVD player and took a trip into the adventures of Neverland... what a place.

Its so easy to get caught up in the crazy, fast paced world in which we live, to get bogged down by the sad and tragic circumstances that surround us. This past week I had a family member lose a good friend in a bizarre and tragic accident. I saw a grateful patient who had called me "sugar" for the last three days break down when she found the news she had cancer.

Its comforting for me to know that there is always Neverland. Don't we all have a bit of a Peter Pan in us?

1 comment:

  1. Hooray for Peter Pan!
    You can visit him again in an adventure that's derived from Barrie's idea for more...
    http://www.peterpansneverworld.com/

    BELIEVE!

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your lovely thought sent my way!