Thursday, September 3, 2009

Begin Again, Its a Brand New Day


I LOVE my ME (Mary Engelbreit) daily calendar. I love it! I love waking in the morning, heading still half asleep to my small apartment kitchen and seeing my ME calendar on the counter. I feel an underlining of great satisfaction in seeing that I've made it to another day, to see that yesterday is gone, its time to tear away the old and look forward to the new.

I love to see the creative artwork or read the short clever quote that will grace my kitchen counter for the day. Although each day is unique and some days are more exciting than others, mostly the yesterdays get thrown in the trash and I move on to the today and life goes on... BUT, there are a lucky few days that are super special and instead of those days disappearing forever into the trashcan they go to a place of honor on my refrigerator door.

There are 4 days currently cluttered among my special magnets, family pics and my grocery list. My favorite, and the day that has lasted the longest comes from May 11th. It shows a young girl looking down into a small hand mirror with the quote:

There is no cosmetic for beauty like happiness
~Marguerite Gardiner Blessington

From May 26th it says:
Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% what you do with what happens to you.
~ Anonymous

August 3rd:
Begin Again, Its a brand new day





And yesterday, September 2nd:
Why not go out on a limb? That's where the fruit is.
Mark Twain

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for your lovely thought sent my way!