Friday, July 29, 2011

all things Paris




Yes, well said Mr. Darcy... uh, I mean Mr. Firth. I have been a bit MIA on the blog seen. I've been vacationing at the beach, working, reading, dreaming, looking at everything through a different prism... you know, the usual.


As I mentioned before, I've been on a little Paris obsessed lately, ever since watching the movie Midnight in Paris. & so I dived into my current fixation with gusto, reading The Paris Wife & The Last Time I Saw Paris {by Lynn Sheene} while lounging on the beaches of Edisto Island all last week. It was heaven! My favorite of the two? Hands down the latter. And I should have known too, for the Paris wife which tells the story of Hemingway's first {of 4} wife & couldn't end anyway but tragic. But it was still a glimpse into a young married American couple living in Paris in the 1920s so was interesting enough if not a bit of a "debbie downer". But Lynn Sheene's novel had a bit of romance, adventure, history, & mystery. I enjoyed it very much. {Then I watched the movie, The Last Time I Saw Paris {1954}, with Elizabeth Taylor which was nothing like the book by the way.}


Also if you haven't check out O Happy Day's blog, do! About a young party planner for San Francisco who moves with her family to the city of lights! Its very lovely as well.

2 comments:

  1. oh I love how you've become obsessed with Paris!! I checked out that blog and it is very lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. off to check out that blog now:) paris does indeed sound so dreamy...

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your lovely thought sent my way!