Thursday, March 24, 2011

ballad of a dove


Remember Tennyson's "The Lady Of Shalott"? After being introduced to this poem here before I can remember from watching Anne of Green Gables , I have loved the magic & tragic romance that surrounds this poem. So I was excited when I saw The Band Perry's music video that touches on the poem as well.

And this is a great song. Have you heard it? Have you ever thought about the possibility? As I remember back on my mirror of memories over my past 26 years, I am flooded with warmth thinking of all my wonderful blessings I've experienced. And I've discovered that I am content. I have had enough time. Yes, of course I pray that I live to see another many many years. Jesus has blessed me with a wonderful life! With a wonderful husband & family! With plenty of food! A healthy body! A roof over my head (and 30 new acres of open spaces)! Yes, I am content.

Because we are not promised tomorrow. And if I die young, I'll be wearing white as I come into His kingdom! "I've had just enough time..."

5 comments:

  1. Oh, boy...I love that song so much! Beautiful thoughts, lady. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness. I've loved this since I watched Anne of Green Gables too! The scene where she quotes it is one of my faves. It cracks me up every time. I'm so glad you posted this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful beautiful! Ever since Anne of Green Gables:-) So true. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that song, and the Lady of Shallott!

    ReplyDelete
  5. omg i LOVE this song! For some reason its one of my favorite songs to run to. random huh?!

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your lovely thought sent my way!