Saturday, November 14, 2009

My Seasonal Struggle


Yesterday in the wee early hours of the morning on my way to work, I switched off my CD of Mama Mia and out blared Frosty the Snowman on my radio! What a surprise! I sat there for a moment debating whether to turn the station but before I new what was happening I was singing at the top of my lungs "They led him down the streets of town...." with a huge smile on my face (I'm a sucker for Christmas songs)!

Yes, its true... I've embraced the Christmas spirit (3 weeks before Thanksgiving!)! And I don't approve one single bit! I hate that our society jumps from Halloween to Christmas and has totally no regard for Thanksgiving. And here I am, joining in with those disregarders with greatest of enthusiasm. (sigh)

Its a huge struggle for me every single year. And I'm not exactly sure what to do about it. My problem is I can't help but jump into the holiday season when its staring me in the face everywhere I turn. So, while I don't approve, and my apologies to my Thanksgiving holiday (I still love you and you will be greatly celebrated in a couple more weeks with tons of food, love, and fellowship), BRING ON THE CHRISTMAS SONGS.

(In my defense, however, I put my foot down after the Christmas songs. No Christmas decor until AFTER Thanksgiving :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for your lovely thought sent my way!