Monday, July 12, 2010

Coon Dog Day

This past weekend my family headed up to the fabulous Saluda NC once again for their annual Coon Dog Day festival. I've blogged about sweet Saluda many times and jump at the chance to head up the mountain. Friday night all my siblings gathered at the Purple Onion to start of the fun weekend. And it is quite a weekend!I've been going to this festival since I was really little and even have participated in the parade once or twice when I was super small and my grandpa was a part of the Shriners. This festival has it all: 5K run (which we cheered my brother and sister in), all sorts of food, booths, parade and the infamous "tree the coon" exposition. It is quite the event! However, one of the best part of the day is simply people watching. It is the most fun just to sit back and watch who comes out of the mountains! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for your lovely thought sent my way!